Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm not really sure....

I realize that I haven't written in about a month, but I just have been busy and I just haven't.
Today I write with a heavy heart and really don't know where else I want to share my thoughts and feelings... so here they are.

Almost a year ago a highschool classmate contacted me about another classmate who had just found out she had cancer and wanted to know if I'd be willing to share my experience of going through cancer with her, and just listen or whatever she needed. I agreed because I am willing to share with anyone who is willing to listen. Her name is Melissa Lewis, we talked back and forth a few times and stayed in touch. Her situation in ways was similar to mine, but everyone has a differnet experience. As far as I knew she was doing well and all, but then I found out she had been in the hospital for 40 plus days. I can't even imagine having to do that. Then I knew she had started chemo again a few weeks ago. I was praying and hoping things were going well for her and she was winning this battle. Then on Sunday my friend who contacted me to start with sent me a note letting me know that she has passed away at 12 on Sunday. My heart was broken. I really hate seeing anyone with cancer die, but really hate to see it when it is somone who is young. I just don't understand. I know God has a purpose for everything He does, it's just hard having been through it. It's in moments like these I realize that God has soo much more out there for me. I wish everyone could understand how important it is for you to support the ones you love and let them know you love them every chance you get. You never know when it will be your last time seeing them. Cancer is a horrible disease that effects a ton of people everyday, I don't know all the stats but I know its a lot. Cancer can do a lot of things to the people it affects. I have posted this before but feel I should post it again. It's called what Cancer Cannot Do.

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit.

Please keep this in mind everytime you hear the word Cancer. Also please keep the family and friends of Melissa Lewis in your prayers as they have lost a dear and special person....

No comments: