Tuesday, April 5, 2011

San Juan Day 3...

Today was yet another great day! I am loving this even though it is hot, muggy, and not in great conditions. It is amazing how God can prepare you for things that you would normally have a hard time with...

Today we went to a place that was RIGHT on the Haitian border. It was poverty unlike I've ever seen before. I didn't go in the houses but I imagine that they quite possibly have dirt floors, no running water and their bathrooms are outhouses. The place we set the clinic up at was their church building. It did have a dirt floor and the "stage" was a mound of dirt with boards around it to make it stay.. It had 4 windows, 2 doors, and nothing other than the 4 walls. The drive up to the place took about 45 minutes on a dirt road that was in very bad shape. There were times that I wasn't sure the bus was going to stay on the road. Once set up we starting seeing patients. We broke for lunch and ate lunch and then played some with the kids. We did the "Hokey Pokey" with them in Spanish and the Chicken Dance. They liked the Hokey Pokey better. Juan Ernesto also preached and from what I was told 4 people asked Jesus into their hearts, they then sang a song, I'm not sure what it was though, but it was a special moment. We then saw patients until time to go and head home.

I'm still trying to process everything I saw and express how much it makes me thankful for what I have back in the states. But I know that God is completely sovereign and I am right where I am suppose to be and they are right where they should be. At day two of going out to the campo clinics I have been changed and been more blessed by these people than they will ever know. Every smile, sweet look and precious little child's face will be engraved in my heart for ever. Thank you to everyone who has prayed, sponsored, or encouraged me about this trip!!!

I will post more pictures when I have time.

No comments: