Thursday, April 10, 2008

Relay for Life

Good Evening!!
Tonight marks the Eve of Relay for Life at UNC Charlotte! I am really excited for this event for many reasons, 1- all proceeds go to the American Cancer Society (ACS), 2- I am proud to say that I'm a cancer survivor, and 3-It's a good time! This year is even more exciting though. Today, the Rep from ACS was contacted by the baseball team @ UNCC and they wanted a survivor to throw out the first pitch. I was asked to do this and so tomorrow night I get to throw out the first pitch at the 49ers baseball game! I'm really excited about this opportunity! I get to stand up and say I'm a SURVIVOR!!! You know its a great sense of accomplishment I think!
I will be sure to post pictures and all that stuff probably monday. AS I have a busy weekend of hw and papers ahead of me after Relay! Til then have a wonderful weekend and remember those who have fought the battle of cancer whether they've won or lost!!!!


Kim :)

No comments: