Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

This weekend has been pretty good. Except for the fact that I had to have the radiator replaced on my Explorer, I named it Eddie not long after I got it four years ago. This car is like my baby, I have taken very good care of it and it's everything I wanted when I picked it out. Eddie has seen his share of body shops in the last 3 years, from 2 hail storms and then I was rear ended in Sept 09, since then he has been running just fine, until about a month ago it started sound funny and not wanting to shift gears right. The dealership told me just 2 weeks ago that it was just something with the transmission needing to be reprogrammed so they did that, and the problem wasn't better, but was told that it could take up to 500 miles to start working... Well Thursday when I left work and drove around UNCC's campus my car started over heating, so I went straight to the Ford place, and Friday morning they called with the diagnosis and it was the radiator, dad told them to fix it. Sat morning we went to pick it up and it was almost $300 less than what we were told. I was thankful for that. After that I came home cooked some breakfast and then spent the rest of the afternoon @ the pool with my sister n law. Good times just hanging out and relaxing.

Today, Sunday was great!! Like I said in my last post, God has been working on my heart in several areas. This mornings church service just reassured me that God is in control and it will be ok. The songs we sang reminded me of being at camp about 10 years ago. We sang "Open the Eyes of my Heart", and then one of my all time favorite songs "All in All" This is probably my favorite verse :"Taking my sin, my cross, my shame, rising again I bless your name, You are my All in All. When I am weak You lift me up, when I am dry, You fill my cup, You are my all in all. Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your Name."
Then "Be Thou my Vision" was sung, what another great song. During the 2nd service while standing in the choir, we sang "Open the Eyes of my Heart" I looked out and saw a girl who I use to babysit just smiling and I remember her singing that song with me when she was 3 years old, and I know even @ 3 she was praising the Lord, such an awesome inspiring moment.!!

Now off to bed.. more to come this week..

No comments: