Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Nation's Capital!

For those who didn't know I'm in Washington DC siteseeing and visiting with a family friend (Kenny and Nancy) . I had never been to DC and wanted to come and found a decent priced flight so I planned a trip! So it's finally here!

I got up Sat morning @ 4:15 in order to be at the airport by 5:30 for my flight @ 6:30. I then had a 2 hour layover in Atlanta, and then on to DC. I landed right around 11:20, and met our friend Kenny then we drove around the city and around the city.. We ate at Hard Rock Cafe and then drove around some more and up to Lincoln's cottage, but didn't get to see it because it was closed. We are going to try to go back on Tuesday. We did go to the National Catherdral and that was absolutely AMAZING. It's huge. We made it back to Kenny's about 7:30 or so.

Today we left about 10 and headed into the city, and went to the Holocaust museum. The Museum was quite breathtaking. I am still kind of speechless about it, my thoughts on that later. We then went and ate at Phillips a seafood buffet. After lunch we went to Jefferson memorial, then iwo jema, and drove by the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial, Arlington National Cemetary and the Pentagon. We are going to all of those tomorrow, and I will be riding the Subway for the 1st time. Then we are going to ride the tour mobile thing. I'll get back to you on all of that later.

So far I love DC and it is BEAUTIFUL with all the leaves changing. I could see them from the plane and took some pictures.

Now time to spend some time with my friends!

:) KIM :)

No comments: