Sunday, December 2, 2007

Reminders

Today was a wonderful day. There was a lot of things that just reminded me of how absolutely blessed I am. The sermon Doug preached this morning was absolutely amazing and I will write more on that soon. But tonight I want to talk about this..

I'm talking to a very good friend online and we're talking about all that I've been through in the last 18 months. She's a mother of 2 and is talking about how she would want to take their place if they had to go through anything like I did, and how she even wanted to take my place. I was reminded of my dad telling me about the first night I was in the hospital and they were trying to get a central line in.. (sorry for the graphic nature of this) and there was blood running down both of my shoulders where they had stuck me so many times. There were also several times when I was upset that he would say "if I could take your place dear I would". I must honestly say that I wouldn't want him to take my place through any of this. Yes, it was very hard at times and I just wanted to give up, but I knew there was and ultimate purpose for this and I knew my strength was coming from my Lord JESUS!!! The only way I was able to go through everything like I did was because Jesus gave me the strength. You may all think I'm a strong young woman, and I am but remember that my strength isn't of my own it all comes from HIM! My friend that I was talking to is an amazing woman and I so very much cherish her friendship and words of encouragement, she was there for me the whole time I was going through chemo. She would call just to check on me and make sure I was ok and if she could do anything for me or my family. It is friends like her that make the tough times a lot easier. Thank you to everyone who has been here for me over the last 18 months especially. I love you all and treasure each moment that I have with you!

Another thing that I have really been thinking about recently is how we should never take our life we have for granted, because we never know when it will be our last or when what we have been blessed with will be taken away from us. I just think about how 18 months ago I had no idea that I was going to be in the hospital for 11 days unable to talk and all I would be able to do is pretty much lye in a bed and watch tv and listen to the conversations that were going on around me. There were many times when I felt all alone even though there were people there with me. Just another way God blessed me he would take those thoughts out of my mind. Don't get me wrong it was tough, but I got through with the Lord's help.

Well , I'm off to bed now! Have an amazing DAY!!!

Kim :)

No comments: